what have you done today to make you feel proud?

Pride. So often mistaken as arrogance. But it’s about time we took the edge off and allowed ourselves in those moments of accomplishments however big or small to say ‘hey! I am completely proud of you!’

Last week I detailed how painful the last few weeks have been but over the last few days I’ve turned a corner. I have accomplished a lot of late and do you know what? I am PROUD of myself. I’ve reached a point where I can be sure of some things that I can be all to proud of;

1. I am a good friend – I make the effort, I listen and most importantly I love. I am lucky to have great friends but also I think they’re pretty lucky to have me.

2. I am a good daughter / sister – I try very hard to ensure that I give as much as I take and try to be there as much as possible.

3. I am compassionate even in a world of skepticism and cynical beings. I am the sort of person who stops to help a stranger in the street with their shopping or help push a wheelchair up a hill. I actually give a shit about fellow human beans and wave the positive flag for all of the world to see.

4. I have been every weight under the sun and I can honestly say I am happier with how I look now more than I have ever been. Despite the fact H&M fail to recognise that people have thighs.

5. Bad stuff has happened to me but I have overcome it. ALL of it. Ok yeah sometimes it comes back to bite me in the ass, but when it does I deal with it. I am GROWING.

These are the things I am most proud of.

So world, I am calling on you to be proud. Of all of your accomplishments whether it’s learning to drive, coming out of the closet or just learning to love yourself. Be proud of it. Be proud of you because it’s your opinion that matters the most, and you really shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.

Advertisements

6 Comments Add yours

1. jinkerson says:

You should be proud of yourself, you have overcome so much and remained a nice person through the pain. Keep believing in yourself, and know that we believe in you too.

1. seasonsofapril says:

❤️

2. Mrs Mushroom says:

We don’t know each other that well – just internet acquaintance – but I think I know you well enough to say…

D’ya know what?
    I am proud to say that I know you even just a little, and I am proud to have your influence in my life.
    April, you rock!

1. seasonsofapril says:

Awh shucks. That’s so kind of you. I feel the same about you 🙂

3. whiskycycle says:

Your words and thoughts have helped me in the past, and some of the changes I’ve made are directly as a result of things you’ve said… it’s great to see you on the up (although quoting M-People? hmmm, might have to have a word with you about that!)… keep the faith, and if your boggle gets too much, just shout up… we’re all here in one way or another to help! x

1. seasonsofapril says:

Haha thank you for your words… I am regretting the heather small reference 😜